It’s All About the Food: Restoring the Soul of Hawaiian Soil
With a grant from Maui County Office of Economic Development, the Hawaii Farmers Union United (HFUU)-Maui Chapter launches it's On-Farm Mentoring Project with a Pau Hana at UH-Maui College. Featuring: HFUU-Maui Chapter President, Bill Greenleaf and Hawaii Farmers Union United (HFUU) President, Vincent Mina, Alika Atay, and Richard Apana (3 Certified Instructors in Korean Natural Farming)
- Monday, April 28th 5:30-8:30
- UH-Maui Community College, Pilina Bldg. Multi-Purpose Room
- For more information contact Phyllis Robinson, HFUU-Maui Chapter Board Member
Big Island Chocolate Festival
- May 2-3, 2014
- Fairmont Orchid, 1 North Kaniku Drive Waimea, HI 96743
Goat Keeping Basics Workshop
- May 3, 2014, 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, Kauai Agricultural Research Center, Wailua, Kauai
- Featuring Louisa Wooton of Kauai Kunana Dairy
- Registration fee $5 and space is limited
- To register contact Matt Stevenson at 808-274-3472. Be sure to leave a message with your name and contact information if there is no answer.
Second Saturday at the Garden!
Join the O’ahu Master Gardeners and UGC ‘Ohana Volunteers at the Pearl City Urban Garden Center for Second Saturday at the Garden! For more information call 453-6050 or visit the UGC website http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/ougc/
- April 12, 2014, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Seed Saving Workshops
- May 10, 2014, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Gardenias!
- June 14, 2014, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Art in the Garden! with the UH Art Department
- July 12, 2014, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm: Sustainable Gardening: Getting Started
School garden events focus on professional development
Online registration is now available for a weeklong series of educational events for school garden educators, teachers, and others passionate about improving student wellness, cognitive development, and engaging deeper learning. Taking place June 7–12 in Waimea on Hawai‘i Island, the four professional development events focus on the effectiveness of school gardens as an instructional strategy for both nutritional education and hands-on learning in core subject areas. Read here.
Hawaii International Tropical Fruit Conference
- September 12-14 on Maui and continues September 15-19 with day-long mini sessions in Molokai, Oahu, Kauai, Hilo and Kona.
- Registration forms and fee schedule will be available in April at www.htfg.org or by contacting Love at email@example.com or Mark Suiso at firstname.lastname@example.org.
UH Master Gardener Statewide Conference
- Save the Dates: Oct. 24, 25, and 26, 2014, Maui
- Check the conference website for updates.