Second Saturday at the Garden!
Join the O’ahu Master Gardeners and UGC ‘Ohana Volunteers at the Pearl City Urban Garden Center for Second Saturday at the Garden! For more information call 453-6050 or visit the UGC website http://www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/ougc/
Composting With Kids!
- October 12, 2013, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Learn all about composting: aerobic, worm, and bokashi composting. Hands-on family activity outdoors.
- Workshop 9:30am-10:30: Composting With Kids: A presentation by the Kokua Hawai‘i Foundation on the ‘AINA In Schools waste reduction (composting) curriculum. Pre-registration is required, $5 donation at door for adults. Please call 453-6050 to secure your space.
Hawaii Arbor Day Celebration
- November 2, 2013, 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
- See here for a location near you and times of Free Tree Giveaway
Best of Both Worlds
23rd Annual HTFG Conference CRFG Fall Festival of Fruits
- September 26 to October 4, 2013
- Begining on Oʻahu, visiting Mau, Hilo & Kona, ending on Kauaʻi
- Hawaii Tropical Fruit Growers Association website:
LICH Green Industry Conference and Tradeshow
- Neal Blaisdell Hall
- October 10, 2013
LICH Green Industry Conference and Tradeshow with a native plant theme is being held October 10th with four concurrent breakout presentations, student research posters, free tradeshow, free evening social, day after native landscape bus tour, the first LICH Sustainability Awards, and a complimentary native plant poster. Read the announcement here.
Growing Organics: Moving Hawai‘i’s Organic Industry Forward
- Monday October 28, 2013
- 9:30 am to 5:30 pm
- King Kamehamehaʻs Kona Beach Hotel, Kailua-Kona, Hawaiʻi Island
A day of workshops and presentations for Hawai‘i’s organic food producers, distributors, retailers, consumers, and advocates designed to inform and empower Hawai‘i’s organic industry.
- For more information and to register
- call The Kohala Center at 808-887-6411.
Aquaponics & Aquaculture
Windward Community College, Career and Community Education, Hawaii Aquaculture and Aquaponics Association, and the College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources present 2013 Workshop and Conference Series
- Hawaii Aquaculture Conference and Aquaculture Taste of Hawaii, Saturday, Nov 9, 2013, 9:00 am - 9:00 pm
For more information:
Interesting in growing, selling or processing
as a food crop?
A half-day workshop for growers, sellers, cooks, consumers, and others interested in learning more about how to harvest, store, prepare and market breadfruit will be held on Hawai'i Island, Maui, O'ahu, and Kaua'i. Presenters include Dr. Diane Ragone and Ian Cole of the Breadfruit Institute and Craig Elevitch and Andrea Dean of the Ho'oulu ka 'Ulu project. This first-of-its-kind hands-on workshop is intended to help breadfruit become (once again) a common staple in Hawai‘i.
- First workshop: November 9, 9:00 am -12:00 pm, Amy B.H. Greenwell Ethnobotanical Garden, South Kona.
- Workshops for the other islands will be held January 9–11, 2014.
- For more information, visit www.breadfruit.info or call 808-960-3727.